There comes a point in many people’s lives where they or a loved one are no longer capable of living a healthy and fulfilling life without some assistance.
Whether this is due to old age, disability, or poor health, many feel that they have no choice but to resort to residential care facilities. While this may be a good option for some, it is worth also considering bringing that assistance to a person in the comfort and familiarity of their own home.
These care options each come with their own advantages, but finding these can often require a great deal of time and research.
Is home care an option for you?
Below we have listed what we feel are the 15 greatest advantages of in home care in the hope that we can make this process slightly easier for you:
1. Your own familiar environment surrounded by the things you know and love.
2. Decreased falls risk as a result of familiarity and routine.
3. Personalised care.
4. Choose your carers depending on your own preferences and build a rapport.
5. Ability to customise the type of care, along with when and for how long you need/want it.
6. Maintain independence with an active service model.
7. Access to services like Case Management and CSC support at no extra cost.